Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon

So, I discovered tonight that this movie is playing right down the road next week. I missed it the first time around last month (I was away on a cruise that weekend) and now that I see it's coming back I'm wondering, should I go?

I'll be honest here. It is very likely that I will never run a full marathon. I loved doing the half, and will probably do more, I love that distance, nice challenge, etc. However, I just don't see myself as a marathoner, as much as I love running, I just don't think I want to train for a full at this point.

With that being said, I am intrigued by this movie though. I love hearing about other people doing the full 26.2, even if I don't think I'll be one of them someday.

So, I wonder, should I go and see this movie? I think I should. I am going to see if I can get DH to go with me, I'm sure he will, even though he is not a runner. It's a shame, the one running friend I had here just moved out of state a few months ago (and she just ran a 10 miler last weekend in 80 minutes - hate her!). But, if DH doesn't want to go, I'm thinking of making it a night out alone if I have to.

Not much to report on the workout front today, same ole. I think I did a 6 mile run yesterday, and today I mixed it up a bit, 3 miles on the elliptical, then I hopped onto the treadmill and ran 3.

6 comments:

J~Mom said...

I really enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed learning about the history of marathon as well as each of the runners stories. It did really make me want to go for the full someday!

Rebekah said...

I just happened across your blog while link-hopping. I'm a fairly new runner, and I'm always happy to find good running blogs!

Anyway, I saw Spirit of the Marathon back in January, and it was amazing. I ran my first half-marathon last fall, and really didn't think I'd ever go farther than that. But I have to admit that movie got me really seriously thinking about trying a full. I really, really enjoyed it--and I'd recommend it to anyone who runs!

Michelle said...

Did you see it, Jen?

I hope I can catch it on DVD or something down the road. It didn't show here. :-(

Running Jen said...

Gosh, I haven't updated this thing in forever! Just been busy and haven't taken the time.

Movie was great, I really enjoyed it, so did DH, and he isn't even a runner. I still don't want to run a full though, I mean it was great seeing the stories of these people, but a half will do me just fine, I don't think I'm a full marathon type girl at this point.

Michelle said...

That's great, Jen!

Update your blog when you get the chance. I miss you!!!

Michelle said...

Come out, come out, wherever you are!