Monday, February 4, 2008

Finally getting this thing started!

I have been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time now, and I'm finally getting around to it. Please excuse the "boringness" of this blog, I'm working on getting it all finished and pretty, just going to take me some time. I hope by starting this, I will continue to stay motivated, meet some runners, etc.

I have been running for more than 10 years, but really only got interested in races and increasing speed, mileage, etc., within the past couple of years. Before that, I was probably running 3-5 miles a pop, and I was just happy there. Running just makes me feel great, keeps me in shape, etc. Just something I love to do.

No races planned at the moment. I may do a 15K at Disney in May, I did this race 2 years ago as my first real race, and I loved it. Other than that, nothing planned, but you never know.

Unfortunately, a lot of my runs are done at the gym, on the treadmill. Reason for this is the fact that I have my daughter to look after, so she comes along with me to the gym, has a blast in the daycare there, while mommy gets in her workouts. I do make sure to get in at least one (but preferably two) outdoor run per week, especially this time of year when it's a little cooler here in FL.

That's all for now, need to go pick up the little one at school.

Stats for today -

Elliptical at gym - 50 minutes - 6 miles

Yesterday - 9 mile run outdoors

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi, Jen! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!

I think you'll like it!

If you want help setting up tables or anything to keep track of stats, let me know. :-)

J~Mom said...

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!! Welcome to blogoshere!! The whole running/blogging community is so wonderful and supportive, you will love it! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! :>)

Pokey said...

Welcome to BlogLand - the happiest place on Earth!! :)

There are some GREAT runners around here - you'll love it! :)

Running Jen said...

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it!