Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Double Dip

It's not often that I go for a run twice in the same day, in fact it's been long enough that I can't remember the last time.

Yesterday, I went to the gym at 5:30am and ran 4 miles on the treadmill, at around a 9:15 pace (my typical pace). After that, I carted Ava back and forth to her 2 preschools, and after I dropped her off at the afternoon class at noon, I had the urge to run again. I got home, threw on the gym clothes, and hit the gym again. This time doing a 4.5 mile run, at an 8:30 pace! That's big for me, I'm the person who mainly runs around the same pace all the time, and just increases it toward the end of the run, for the last mile or so. In fact, during yesterday's morning run, I had done the first few miles at the 9:15 pace I mentioned, but for the last mile, I jacked it up to a 7:30 pace, only one mile of that, but it felt great! Did a short 3 miler at the gym early this morning, the hubby had to leave early this morning, so I only had time for 3 - but kept up the fast pace, did the 3 at an 8:30 pace again.

So, I'm working on getting faster, and I'm really enjoying those runs. Not a lot new going on over this way, we're getting used to the school routine again (I love it!). Ava loves school, it's going great. We used 2 bad weather days last week due to Fay, in the first week of school. But, what can you do, at least we didn't suffer any damage over here, I know of too many flooded areas, I can't even imagine.

Sorry that I haven't blogged much, when I get a more interesting life, I'll have more to blog about!

5 comments:

Caren said...

Wow! You're really fast... at least to me you are. Sounds like a really great run (or should I say runs)

My guy starts back to school next week but he's been doing some summer camp so it won't actually be all that different.

BTW, you were right, that drawing he made was of Wall-E. No one else even bothered to guess.

Jess said...

Nice job on the double header! You're speedy too!

J~Mom said...

Nice job!! I bet two runs in one day felt great!!

Erin Leigh said...

Wow you are smokin!!! How great the you reached a new level!

Michelle said...

I wish I was as fast as you, Jen!!

Great job!