Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ahhh, this feels good

I am finally starting to feel like I have my groove back with running, after feeling a bit out of it the past few weeks. Had some great workouts this week, and I feel back on track, which just feels great.

I mentioned in another post that I was considering quitting the gym, as it would be easier to just run outside, and use my Elliptical at home. I have sent in the paperwork to quit, but there is a new plan now, I think we're going to join the local YMCA, as it's about 1/2 mile from my house, much more convenient than the current gym (5-6 miles away). I literally pass by the Y every time I come in and out of my neighborhood, so this makes sense. Plus, for what I am currently paying for just Ava and myself, I can do a family membership, husband included, for $7 more. Seems like a decent deal.

So, I'll probably stick to the early morning workouts, around 5:30 when they open, just a good time of day for me. I'm excited about it, it's a small gym, but still very nice, and did I mention so conveniently located?

Been busy around here, school starts in just 9 days, and Ava is so excited, she loves school. I am really looking forward to it too, just another step closer to summer being over, and the Florida heat letting up (that part is probably another month and a half away, at a minimum).

My husband and I have realized that we're in dire need of a weekend away, just us, no kid. So, it looks like we'll be going on a roller coaster trip in October, and I couldn't be more excited! Before we moved to FL and had a child, we used to travel all over the country to visit different amusement parks and ride different coasters. The taller and faster, the better, we just love them. We will be going to a place that has fall weather, so I have a feeling getting back on that plane to come back to FL is going to be very hard, as fall weather is a huge thing I miss. But, I'm excited that I have a chance to spend a couple of days at my all time favorite amusement park, and enjoy some nice weather, and just some nice time away. Love that child of mine, but I could use a couple of days away from mommy-hood.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Convienence is key for gym membership. The closer it is, the more likely you'll use your membership.

Michelle said...

I hear you on the vacation from the little one. I love my kids, but I relish alone time (doesn't happen often, mind you).

Hope you like the new gym!! I sometimes wish I could join the gym here, but I just can't afford it right now. :-(

Cathy said...

The new gym sounds great! My gym is literally around the corner and I am going to miss that when I move.

The roller coaster trip with your husband sounds GREAT! Time away is always needed to keep Mommy sane! :) My husband and I love roller coasters also. Gotta tell us where you are going and post some pics!!

Erin Leigh said...

Awesome that the Y is so close!!! The vacation sounds like a great plan too.