Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not a lot to write about

It's been a few weeks since my last post, and there isn't all that much to write about (can I be more boring?!).

Been plugging away at the gym, at 5:30 each weekday morning. I have been slacking in my running big time, I have been running only 2-3 times a week lately, all of it on the treadmill, and usually only around 5 miles. The weather here in FL still isn't good enough for me to run outside, I do look forward to the cooler mornings ahead, when I can go out for a nice long run on a weekend.

Been doing Spin class 2-3 times a week, which has cut into my running. I love the class though, such a good, challenging workout!

Husband and I spent the weekend at Disney last week, just the two of us. We live about 45 minutes from there, so while we are there quite a lot, it felt so nice to be there without Ava. We missed her, of course, but we needed the time away. Going back again this weekend, as we have family coming down from NY, Ava is so excited to get some play time with her cousins.

I'm not running the Race for the Taste 10K. It was something like $50, and I just don't feel like paying that to run 6 miles right now. As fun as that race is, I know I will be sad on Sunday morning, but I can always do it next year. Plus, we're spending the day at Disney on Sunday, and I wasn't going to drive 45 minutes back home after the race to shower, then drive back, so I guess it all works out for the best. Now I don't have to walk around the parks all sweaty for most of the day.

There is a 10K I will do next month that's right down the road from Disney. In a town I used to live in, a really pretty place, so running a race there will surely be fun. And, I like the $25 cost a bit better, that'll be a little easier on my wallet.

In a bad place with workouts this week actually. I was too tired from our weekend to workout on both Monday and Tuesday. I then did a spin class yesterday, and I was up half the night with a cold last night, so I opted out of the gym this morning. Assuming I make it there tomorrow, and try to squeeze in a run on Saturday, it'll be a 3 day workout week, so I guess it's not the worst thing. Why is it though, that I feel guilty if I don't get to the gym at least 4-5 times a week?!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I hear you about not wanting to pay $50 for a race right now. That's part of the reason I'm not doing the HM this month. That and the fact I don't have time to train right now with school and all.

Hope you guys have fun at Disney again this weekend! I am jealous you guys live so close! Although I really wouldn't want to live in Florida....

Jess said...

The Disney 10K was expensive, but I figure that they usually put on good races, plus with the picnic at the end, it should be worth it.

J~Mom said...

$50 does seem like a really expensive 10k! Yikes! Thanks for the updates!